BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guerrero: A True Warrior




Last Friday, I received a call from Richard Guerrero, an old mission companion that needed some help. Guerrero was living in Chicago but moved to Ecuador (where he was originally from) to be with his fiancee. They had known each other since they were way young and he got connected back with her via phone calls a little bit after his mission ended. Only two months into his return to Ecuador, Guerrero decided to come back to the US to work and save up some more money so he could get married and be able to support his future family. Since he had no more family in the US and his other plan fell through, he called me on short notice to help him get settled. I went and picked him up at the airport this last Sunday. I noticed right off the bat he was already regretting his decision of coming and leaving his girl. He decided quickly that this wasn't the place for him to be and I helped him book a flight back to Ecuador. I just took him to the airport today.

Richard Guerrero and I in Cary, NC on our last p-day:


We also served together for two transfers in Wilson, NC:


Guerrero taught me a lot about friendship during our time together. He is a very loyal guy and I know that he will be a great husband when he gets married. I would like to make it down to Ecuador for the marriage..it would be sweet!

Night before Guerrero's departure:


I just want all my friends and family to know that I will bend over backwards to help anyone out in time of need...as far as my resources will take me. Never hesitate to ask me if you need any type of help.

0 comments: