BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spooning in the Toilet

This morning, I spooned in the toilet...

In other words, I noticed a shiny object in the furthest depths of the toilet (a spoon) and I wielded the courage of a lion and fished it out...with my hand (which I was smart enough to cover with a plastic bag)

And no, before anyone asks...this is NOT an April fool's day joke, it is a true story!

To preface my early morning spooning activities, about a week ago we decided to do a much needed cleansing of the kitchen. My roommate Jamal (bless his heart) decided to flush a sizable portion of dirty water from a huge bowl down our our toilet. However much to his (and especially mine and Mat's) dismay, there was a hidden spoon in that bowl that happened to be sent down the drain and was irretrievable for the time being. Eventually we all forgot about it. Consequently, this was the very same spoon that magically reappeared today as portrayed in the following picture:


Notice the tip of the spoon emerging from the dark "tunnel" area. Yep I had to reach far!! FWIW, our toilet really isn't this dirty looking. It is a combination of lighting and discoloration. Our bathroom is the guest bathroom and is so fresh and so clean clean!

This is the final product:

If you have any spec of imagination...this will disgust you to a great deal. This spoon was in the plumbing of the toilet for ONE WEEK. Think of all the nasty stuff that has passed through that spoon!

After taking it out of the toilet, I hand-washed it and returned it back to the silverware drawer. Maybe Jamal, John or Mat will use it today...

0 comments: