BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Is it Winter?

Ugh...are the weather patterns in denial and suddenly reverting back to winter? It sure seems like it! I used to not mind the snow when snowboarding was in full force but now it is just annoying...c'mon Zeus, start giving us some true spring weather! I might just have to bust out an old poem of mine to help move the climate in the right direction:

To say the least, some are quite enamored by the falling white snow
They marvel over the first little flake that drops to the ground
As for me, I succumb to the dream of more temperate places to go
Forever wanting and counting the days ‘till summer-bound
Why oh why does winter have to hit us so hard?
To beings not capable of surviving a harsh wintry storm
Chilly air to the face, thick ice scraped from the car
These are just a few things that make my heart to mourn

Rushing to refuge alarmed through fierce winds of deep chill
Facing whiteouts and stuck when elevating up long steep hills
Who said that fun would make up for such a jittering pest?
Behold this child never knew of such bitter cold I suggest
Below zero and devastating wind was all that this author previously knew
Freezing gusts, to annoy and bother, likely making nose hairs frozen too
My early tradition, the root of which was laid in a frigid barren land
T’was where I was raised, t’was where I learned about Mr. Winter Man
However to continue in this abyss would be a thought insane
Never to return ever again, unless a warm paradise it became
In short, I do not despise my hometown not one tad bit
But a giant hefty coat is required for all, of such perfect fit
There is nothing about the people or terrain to truly dislike
Sadly it is just the arctic chill that destroys all that is right

I hope that no one is saddened from this rumbling mess
But I have seen places of weather which was oh so great
A land above all others, a land so widely and richly blessed
Wishing to stay long, but returning was my eventual fate
Now I’m stuck driving in the snow, searching for ways to leave
Hoping that I can soon return to the climate that I love and know
Praying that I can soon see the faces of those so dear to me
Wishing that from this snow I’d leave and to a Carolina beach I’d go

0 comments: